LargetrouserS

Two-fisted Tales of Trousery.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Get to work or Dai trying

This morning, my 6am porridge was interrupted by the sight of an old college friend on the telly. Wyre Davis, or "Taff" as we knew him then, was reporting on the new government proposal to put sponging paraplegics back to work, at least until theit teeth fall out, when I presume Phony Bliar will just use them as draft excluders.

I was minded to think how appropriate the juxtaposition of this story and reporter was. In his younger days, Taff was disabled by a quite appalling degree of Welshness, and considered almost unemployable. However, the plucky little Celt has turned his disability to an advantage and now regularly pops up on reports from the fourth world to tell us how the pobl y cwm are getting along.

Well done Wyre !

MawrllodraU: And that's swearing

1 Comments:

Blogger The Moai said...

Well, I have an overwhelming degree of Welshness, and I work with you, Trousers.

Anyway, the story, Yes, yes, yes, I know..... I wish my hometown of Merthyr were famous for something else. Whenever they run these stories they always find the most lazy, thick, over-tattooed chav they can and interview him.

Great things Merthyr has done:

The Sinclair C5
The first ever Labour MP
First time the red flag was raised in insurrection
Home of Chartism
Steel
The first ever steam locomotive
Julien MacDonald
Me
My mam
My brother
My cousin Barri
Robert Sidoli
Numerous boxers
Erm....

But what do they feature?

Spongers!

Aaargh!

25 January, 2006 12:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home